National Law University Odisha is an autonomous law university in India located at Cuttack, Odisha. It was established in 2008 under the National Law University Odisha Act (Act 4 of 2008), commencing its first batch from July 2009.
The Society of Law and Literature, National Law University Odisha, Cuttack was established in the year 2020. The objectives of the Society are to create an atmosphere where literature is to be read and promoted through artwork, theatre, article writing, article/book review, film making, street play and the analysis of the literary aspect of judgments, to publish a cumulative research paper inclusive of new findings and the emerging topics by bridging the gap between literature and law and to create a forum where literary activities can be conducted and promoted.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
“Books were only one type of receptacle where we stored a lot of things we were afraid we might forget. There is nothing magical in them, at all. The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.”
—Ray Bradbury in Fahrenheit 451
Bradbury’s thought seems so relevant even today as books play many roles in our life like that of a companion, guide, lover, informant and inspirer. With this notion, the Society of Law and Literature of National Law University Odisha is organizing a 1st National Book Review Competition.
The competition is will be an interdisciplinary event taking majorly law and literature as one. The review will include novels form the genres of law and literature, autobiography or biography of luminaries from either of the two fields, books detailing on the experience of academicians in the legal field, and books of short stories or books summarizing judgments and articles. It may also include novels based on legal backdrops, autobiography or biography of judges, books describing lawyers or academicians’ experience in the legal field, and books.
- Last date of registration- 20th August 2020
- Payment can be made at Paytm Number of Ms Dipanwita Mitra, Faculty Advisor- 9932644825.
- In the case of single authorship, registration fees in ₹50 and case of co-authorship it is ₹70.
- All the members are required to fill this google form for the registration. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfgUTfic8Rva2J-dEBtduKtB0vpGvoueJZme4L7Ivos70FadA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- One of the members of the Society will call the participants to confirm the registration.
- Reviews will be accepted from the following-
Law Students (U.G/P.G), academicians, scholars, researchers and professionals, Advocates, NGOs and Think Tank, Government officers and employees of Government Undertakings and Representatives of Regulatory Bodies.
- Co-authorship is allowed but is limited to two.
- Word limit- 3000 to 5000 words
- It will be in the form of Research Paper where there should be detailed and thorough research.
- Font- Times New Roman for Text and Citations, Font Size- 14 (Heading), 12 (Text Size) and 10 (Footnotes), Heading must be Bold and Justified, Spacing- 1.5 in text and 1 in Citations, Citation Type- OSCOLA, 4thEdition only and Font Text and Citations must be justified.
- Plagiarism limit- 15 per cent and will be rejected if it is more than the requisite limit.
- The document must be submitted in MS word format, not in PDF format.
- The last date to submit the review is 30th August 2020.
- The submissions will be reviewed and marked by three senior faculties of NLUO.
- In a separate word document, authors shall include the following details and should not include such details in the manuscripts-
- Full Name of Author and Co-Author
- Institution’s name or current profession (If Any)
- Contact Details (E-mail ids, phone numbers)
- Any sort of indication or unnecessary write-ups in the document of the review will be rejected at once. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- All the submission are required to be sent to email@example.com the subject “1st National Book Review Competition”.
RESULT AND REWARDS:
- Results will be declared on 30th September 2020.
- The best review bags a prize of ₹ 500.
- The runner up gets a prize worth ₹ 300.
- The second runner up gets a prize of ₹ 200.
- The following are the perks of the media, knowledge and goodwill partners-
- All the participants will be issued Certificate of Participation and top 3 will be issued Certificate of Merit.
For any kind of query contact on 7667133995/7014286027 via WhatsApp only or drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.